Inspired by the 12 strokes of the clock that mark the start of the new year, we have resolved to show you how the Vidamar Resorts & Hotels Algarve is getting ready to give guests an unforgettable New Year’s Eve!
- First stroke: Our New Year’s Eve is celebrated with a Tropicalia theme, inspired by the glamour of Brazil and Havana of the 1930s, 40s and 50s.
- Second stroke: A gala dinner with a five-course tasting menu will take you on a voyage around the world of textures and flavours. Each dish is designed to surprise… here with crunchy tidbits, there with smoke and even… delicious explosions!
- Third stroke: Gala buffet offering a tour of more traditional flavours, with some food prepared before you.
- Fourth stroke: Welcoming and glamorous decor.
- Fifth stroke: Live music and shows.
- Sixth stroke: Live Latin jazz with the trio Les Triplettes.
- Seventh stroke: Our hospitality.
- Eighth stroke: Spacious and welcoming rooms.
- Ninth stroke: A unique setting amid the Algarve’s nature and sea.
- Tenth stroke: The mild climate.
- Eleventh stroke: Fireworks show by the outdoor poll with our master of ceremonies, ‘Carmen Miranda’.
- Twelfth stroke: Brunch on January 1, designed to ensure you start 2017 with more energy! Natural fruit juices and detox shakes, plus a healthy corner with delicious fresh salads.
At the Koi restaurant our chef stands ready to prepare your desired dish in front of you.
To keep those with a sweet tooth happy, our pastry chef has already drawn up a tempting dessert menu.
Now that you know about 12 of the many reasons that welcoming in the New Year at Vidamar is the right choice, we will tell you about a Portugues tradition associated with this date.
In Portugal there are various rituals that are observed in order to ensure good luck in the year that is just starting, including eating a raisin and making a wish at the sound of each stroke of the clock. Jumping from a chair with money in your hand or hopping on your right leg at the last stroke, making noise with pots and pans to keep bad luck away, or diving into a chilly sea are among the acts that supposedly bring good luck and success in the new year.
With or without these rituals, one thing is for sure:
Vidamar Resorts & Hotels Algarve wishes you all a Happy New Year!