Establishments must comply with the following rules, which are set out in the “Healthy & Safe Establishment Declaration”:
Training for all employees
All employees received specific information and / or training on:
- Internal protocol for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
- How to comply with basic infection prevention and control precautions for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, including the procedures:
- hand hygiene: wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has at least 70% alcohol, covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them until they are dry.
- respiratory etiquette: cough or sneeze into the forearm or use a tissue, which should then be immediately thrown away; hand hygiene always after coughing or sneezing and after blowing nose; avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth with your hands.
- social conduct: changing the frequency and form of contact between workers and between them and customers, avoiding (when possible) close contact, handshakes, kisses, shared jobs, face-to-face meetings and food sharing, utensils , glasses and towels.
- How to comply with daily self-monitoring to assess fever (measure body temperature and record the measurement time and value), check for coughing or difficulty breathing.
- How to comply with the guidelines of the Directorate-General for Health (DGS) for cleaning surfaces and treating clothes in establishments.
Information to all customers
The following information is available to all customers:
- How to comply with basic precautions for prevention and infection control in relation to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
- What is the internal protocol for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
The establishment has
- Personal protective equipment in sufficient numbers for all workers.
- • Personal protective equipment available for sale to customers (maximum capacity of the establishment) at the Reception (individual kit).
- Stock of single-use cleaning materials proportional to their dimensions, including disinfectant.
- Dispensers of alcohol-based antiseptic solution or alcohol-based solution at the Reception.
- Waste container with non-manual opening and plastic bag.
- Place to isolate people that can be detected as suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19, which should preferably have natural ventilation or a mechanical ventilation system, and have smooth and washable coverings, bathroom, stock of cleaning materials. cleaning, surgical masks and disposable gloves, thermometer, autonomous waste container, waste bags, used clothing collection bags, kit with water and some non-perishable foods.
- In the sanitary facilities equipment for washing hands with liquid soap and paper towels.
The establishment ensures
- Washing and disinfection, in accordance with the internal protocol, of the surfaces where employees and customers circulate, ensuring the control and prevention of infections and resistance to antimicrobials.
- Cleaning, several times a day, surfaces and objects in common use (including counters, light and elevator switches, door handles, cabinet handles).
- Wet cleaning should be preferred over dry cleaning and using a vacuum cleaner.
- Air renovation of rooms and enclosed spaces is done regularly.
- In the areas of restaurants and beverages, the reinforcement of the cleaning of utensils, equipment and surfaces is avoided as much as possible the direct manipulation of food by customers and employees.
The cleaning and sanitation protocol guarantees
- The definition of specific care for changing bed linen and cleaning in the rooms, privileging two spaced intervals and with adequate protection according to the internal protocol.
- The removal of bed linen and towels made without shaking or shaking it, rolling it outwards inwards, without touching the body and transporting it directly to the washing machine.
- Machine wash separately and at high temperatures in employees' uniforms and bed linen / towels (around 60º C).
The operation ensures
- That there is always an on site employee in charge of triggering the procedures in case of suspected infection (accompanying the person with symptoms to the isolation space, providing the necessary assistance and contacting the national health service).
- The decontamination of the isolation area whenever there are positive cases of infection and reinforcement of cleaning and disinfection whenever there are patients suspected of being infected, especially on surfaces frequently handled and most used by the same, as indicated by DGS.
- The storage of waste produced by patients suspected of infection in a plastic bag that, after being closed (eg with a clamp), must be segregated and sent to a licensed operator for the management of biohazardous medical waste.